Is your advertising strategy SMART? This time of the year the advertising picks up exponentially. When our clients want to ensure that their advertising stands above the crowd, we make sure their strategy meets these criteria:
- Specific: The more specific, the better. You should be looking for quantitative information in every aspect of your strategy:
- What exactly are we trying to achieve? Think in numbers, not in generalities; i.e. we want 10 more clients before the end of the year.
- What will you do to achieve it? I.e. we will post 3 times per week in all of our social media accounts, and take out a sponsored ad on one post per week.
- Who is your audience? I.e. 30-40 year old women in the San Francisco area that have 1 or more children.
- Who on your team will carry out the strategy? Who will be driving or holding others accountable? How often will they report back?
- You get the idea…specifics will make all the difference in the success of your campaign.
- Measurable: Hailing back to specifics, how will you know whether or not you have reached your goal?
- Attainable: Are the goals you have set realistic?
- Relevant: Is your message relevant to your audience? (And back to specifics, do you know exactly who your audience is?)
- Timely: Will your message be applicable to your audience today? When is the best time for them to receive your message?
If you can answer these questions, then your campaign is SMART and you are ready to advertise!
And if you find yourself stuck or overwhelmed, we can help!